If we were to tell you that adding one small thing to your health routine could provide you with a plethora of health benefits, would you do it? Experts say that simply drinking a warm glass of lemon water in the mornings can provide you with many positive side effects. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should incorporate this warm tart beverage into your morning diet.
1. It aids with digestion. Whether or not you have a great digestive system or one that needs a little assistance, drinking a warm glass of lemon water can ensure the inner workings of your body will be working to their fullest potential. As the acid from the lemon interacts with enzymes within your body, it causes simulation thus the secretion of your stomach’s gastric juices jump-starting the digestive process.
2. It benefits your liver. Not only does warm lemon water aide your liver in releasing its toxins but it also helps it produce more enzymes.
3. It can help reduce stress and anxiety. Lemons contain a high amount of potassium which is beneficial to your body as anxiety and stress are often found more frequently in those lacking this essential chemical.
4. It can revitalize your skin. Containing a lot of Vitamin C which is linked to the improvement of skin conditions throughout the body, drinking this warm beverage seems like a no brainer.
5. It helps protect your body throughout pregnancy. The Vitamin C consumed with your morning drink can also aide in the formation of bone tissue in your unborn baby as well as acting as an adaptogen, enabling your body to better fight off viruses and disease.
6. It helps balance your PH levels. The more alkaline in your body the better it will function properly. Studies also say that an environment that is rich in alkaline is less susceptible to succumbing to cancer.
7. It can help you stay on track to lose weight. Aiding in the suppression of hunger cravings is something called pectin fiber which lemons contain. Fewer cravings mean less of a chance for you to grab for something you shouldn’t be consuming throughout the day.
8. It can help dissolve unwanted deposits in your body. If you are unfortunate enough to suffer from calcium deposits, gallstones, pancreatic stones or kidney stones, drinking lemon water is a natural way to help disintegrate them.
9. It can reduce the pain associated with gout. Gout pain is associated with the buildup of uric acid and can be extremely painful. Drinking lemon water can help dilute this acid and reduce your pain.
10. It can help regulate your blood pressure. By ingesting lemon, each day studies suggest that it can help reduce your high blood pressure by 10%. Why not give this natural remedy a try?
Although these are just some of the health benefits associated with ingesting this sour and refreshing fruit, based off of these alone, incorporating one glass of warm lemon water into your daily diet seems worth the effort. In a world where everyone automatically resorts to medications and pills, why not try a natural way to balance your body and reap the benefits?!