Well it’s Memorial Day, and you will have a lot of temptations to not workout and eat healthily. Wicked Fitness cares about your holiday fitness behavior and decided to give you a few handy tips to survive your Memorial Weekend.
1. Stay Active: Plan outings with friends that include cardio activities that will burn calories like skating, kickball, cycling, canoeing, etc.
2. Wingman: You are more likely to avoid temptation and unwanted calories if you hang with another fitness nut. Best of all…you can motivate each other!
3. Smart Grilling: Preparing healthy menu options are a must. Instead of hotdogs and ribs, grill chicken breasts and veggies (corn on the cob, squash, zucchini, and peppers).
4. Limit Alcohol: Don’t drink the entire weekend. Select one day to enjoy an adult beverage.
5. BYOM (Bring Your Own Meat): Don’t rely on your host meat selection to be the best choice for your diet. Bring your own lean burger, veggie burger or chicken breast.
6. Drink Water: This weekend will be hot. Remember to drink plenty water to stay hydrated.